Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pay It Forwad: Knitting Style

So I have joined my first knitting exchange/KAL, the Pay It Forward Exchange. I got it from Gothknits. I am not sure where it originated

Here's how it works:
It's roughly based on the movie Pay It Forward. A Middle School boy (played by Haley Joel Osment) has to do a social studies assignment that can change the world and put it into action. Here is what he comes up with: #1 It has to be something that really helps people. #2 Something they can't do by themselves. #3 I do it for them, they do it for three other people. These are the rules when you pay it forward. If everyone followed this the world would be a nicer place. His idea quickly spreads across the country and really tests the thinking of those around him.

So the KAL twist on this is that I will make a nice little knittsy gift for the first three people to comment on this post. They will in turn write a post on their blog and gift their first three commenters....so and and so forth. This a great idea for those who don't have a lot of time, you have six months to get your gifts out.

So without further ado.....bring on the comments!

No comments: